Lab Equipment Technician
The Lab Equipment Technician will travel extensively to customer laboratories to perform maintenance, setup, installation, calibration, testing and demonstration of short-path distillation units and other laboratory equipment related to the production of high quality cannabis distillate. Additional responsibilities will include attendance and completion of periodic training events, ongoing maintenance of laboratory parts and equipment, providing technical support and training to end-users, participating in trade shows and other industry activities, recording and entering data, assisting with warehouse and inventory duties and other tasks, as needed.
- Extensive travel to domestic and international customer locations.
- Setup, calibration, testing and demonstration of distillation unit operation.
- Provide training and technical support for end-users to operate and maintain equipment in accordance with manufacturer and Root Sciences specifications and SOPs.
- Participate and complete additional training, as needed.
- Perform ongoing maintenance on parts and equipment.
- Participate in trade shows and other media events.
- Assist with warehouse and inventory maintenance.
- Provide end-user technical support via text, email and phone.
- Perform other tasks, as needed.
- Experience and understanding of winterization, filtration, extraction, separation, and distillation of cannabis oil or similar compounds.
- Degree or equivalent experience in chemistry, biochemistry, engineering or related field.
- Experience with the extraction, purification, and isolation of various compounds, preferably including cannabinoids.
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Be able to stand on feet for extended periods of time.
- Commercial cannabis/hemp laboratory experience is a plus.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com