Frequently Asked Questions
About Root Sciences
Who is Root Sciences?
What types of technologies does Root Sciences currently represent?
What year was Root Sciences officially founded?
Is Root Sciences currently represented by sub-agents in any areas?
What equipment manufacturers does Root Sciences represent?
Currently, Root Sciences represents equipment manufactured by DEVEX of Germany, VTA of Germany and GEA of Italy.
Starting with their extraction line, Root Sciences represents DEVEX of Germany. Combining DEVEX’s 25 years of know-how and experience in the field of botanical extraction with Root Sciences’ reputation as the market leaders in the field of cannabis processing, the new partnership was formed to produce what both companies identify as “The Ultimate Cannabis Pre-Distillation Process.” Learn more about DEVEX at https://www.devex-gmbh.de/devex-CryoEXS.html.
Next, in their distillation line of equipment, Root Sciences represents VTA of Germany. As global distributors of VTA Short Path Distillation Plants, Root Sciences ensures that new customers are properly setup, trained and ready to make high-quality distillate immediately on day one, followed up by the industry’s best support after sale. VTA’s main focus of production is thin film and short path distillation plants at laboratory, pilot and industrial scale. Learn more about VTA at http://www.vta-process.de.
For their post-processing line of equipment, Root Sciences and GEA of Italy joined forces to introduce nano-emulsion technology for use in cannabinoid applications. GEA is one of the largest technology suppliers for food processing and a wide range of other industries. The global group specializes in machinery, plants, as well as process technology and components. GEA provides sustainable solutions for sophisticated production processes in diverse end-user markets and offers a comprehensive service portfolio. For more information, visit http://www.gea.com.
Does Root Sciences have leasing or financing options?
If you’re considering leasing or financing options, we’re here to assist. We have several partners that we work with offering up to $10 million for equipment financing. Click here learn more about leasing and financing options.
Who is DEVEX?
What is Cryo Ethanol Extraction?
What is BHO extraction?
Butane Hash Oil, or BHO is the essential oil extracted from the cannabis plant using Butane as a solvent. BHO concentrate can be extracted from fresh or cured material. The result is a mix of waxes, cannabinoids and terpenes.
What cryo-ethanol extraction models are offered by Root Sciences?
- CryoEXS 400
- CryoEXS 800
- CryoEXS 800-Dual
- CryoEXS 4000
How does CryoEXS compare to traditional extraction methods?
- Traditionally, the most common extraction methods used in the creation of cannabis crude oil have been CO2 extraction, light hydrocarbon extraction, and warm ethanol extraction, as shown on the left side of the diagram pictured above.
- In contrast, CryoEXS, as shown on the right side of the chart above, entered the hemp and cannabis extraction market in 2019, and has since cut the extraction process down from days to hours by utilizing cryo-ethanol extraction (commonly referred to as cold-ethanol extraction) technology.
- CryoEXS efficiently leaves all lipids behind during the extraction process, which allows processors to cut the process bottleneck down from a few days to just a few hours.
- Manufactured by DEVEX of Germany, our cryo-ethanol extraction systems provide the benefit of bypassing several steps that must be followed during the other pictured extraction methods. As you can see from the diagram above, this type of cold-ethanol extraction technology offers a much more advantageous and time-efficient solution to the extraction process.
Is cryo-ethanol extraction faster than other common extraction methods?
What processes does CryoEXS provide?
Cryo-Ethanol Extraction System Provides the Following Processes:
- Solvent Cooling
- Ethanol Extraction
- Ethanol Recovery
- Ethanol Stripping (out of cannabis biomass following ethanol extraction)
Who is VTA?
What is Short Path Distillation?
What is Wiped Film Distillation?
What is the throughput per hour on the VTA VKL 70-5 short path evaporator?
Are your distillation units continuous feed systems?
Is your Short Path Distillation set-up fully jacketed?
What is included with your Short Path Distillation equipment?
What types of extract can the VKL process?
What exactly does the VKL system do?
The VKL does NOT separate individual cannabinoids and/or remove pesticides.
Are the recovered terpenes usable?
What yield will I see from the VKL?
What potency can I expect from Root Sciences' VKL distillation equipment?
About Post Processing
Who is GEA?
GEA provides sustainable solutions for sophisticated production processes in diverse end-user markets and offers a comprehensive service portfolio.
For more information, visit http://www.gea.com
What is the definition of a nanoemulsion?
What are some key advantages of products made with nanoemulsions versus traditionally manufactured edibles?
What is bioavailability?
Does the route of ingestion influence bioavailability?
Depending on the route of ingestion, this can be affected by a number of factors. For example, smoking flower, eating an edible, or drinking a nanoemulsion-based beverage will result in different effects on the consumer.
Are the nanoemulsions created with our GEA line of equipment water-soluble?
What types of nanoemulsions can be produced with Root Sciences equipment?
What are the key benefits to Root Sciences’ nanoemulsion technology in the manufacturing of edibles and beverages?
- Our equipment produces water-soluble cannabinoid nanoemulsions
- Easily added to beverages and edibles
- Improved bioavailability and faster uptake
- More precise dosage due to true homogeneous mixing
- Create clear, high-load, or flavorless nanoemulsions
- Proven homogenization technology used in beverage, chemical, and pharmaceutical processing
Who manufacturs Root Sciences post-processing line of nanoemulsion equipment?